Thursday, June 7, 2007

Congrats to my pinch runners!

Last weekend was the marathon in San Diego that I should have been running.. Roxie and I were texting all weekend so I got a play-by-play on the pre-race festivities. Sunday she called me after the race to report that she decided to go ahead and run the full marathon. She's been battling shin splints for the past few weeks and had resigned herself to only running a half-marathon for self preservation. I KNEW she would end up running the full... she is like me. When she sets her mind on a goal there is no stopping her! No only did she push herself to finish the full 26.2 miles, but she beat her time from the phoenix marathon!! Roxie is indeed a rockstar! The rookie had also been having problems with injuries, but he also manned-up and ran the race! He didn't suceed in breaking the 4 hour mark, but he came damn close... and we all know that sometimes the rookie pushes himself a bit to far.

I was happy for roxie when she called from the race on sunday, but i was really sad to have missed it! I've been trying to stay focued on my progress and not get discouraged.

Yesterday I upped my run to 15 minutes on the treadmill.. and i have to say that treadmill running is tedious enough, but when you are literally counting each painful step it gets a bit unbearable! I wanted to just say fuck it and quit.. but that is not how i am wired. So, i finished the full 15 and hopped onto the eliptical for another 15 minutes of cardio before doing some strength exercises.

Today I'm headed to yoga for the seccond time.. i am hoping to make this part of my regular training routine. The rumor is that the NYC marathon announces it's lottery picks any day now so cross your fingers that i get in!!!

my minutes run: 15
friends' miles run: 52.4

1 comment:

roxie said...

thanks girlie...i wish you had been there too, i needed my partner in crime!

but...before you know it, san francisco and nyc. you're doing great, remember, your leg was BROKEN.

=)