Wednesday, February 27, 2008

a quick 3

in order to keep my promise to myself i was forced to run last night in the rain.

i can't believe i actually found the motivation to get changed and get out there to run when the couch was calling to me so damn loudly. but, i pulled out my new running clothes, set the ipod to the Garden State soundtrack and headed out for my usual 3 mile run from my house to the top of amsterdam ave.. up the big hill and back again. i am not sure what was up last night, but i was running FAST. a couple times i tried to pull my pace back a bit but it just wasn't happening tonight. my feet had a mind of their own. it wasn't the rain, because once outside it actually felt good.. 42° and a light rain was refreshing. it wasn't the music driving me along because the soundtrack is pretty mellow. i just had speedy feet!

as i was coming up audubon ave i started thinking that i could probably continue the run down to 155th street and back which would add another 2 miles onto the run. but due to the speed which i took the first three my legs were feeling a bit beat up and i decided that if i kept up this pace for 2 more i'd be really really sorry today. i was right, as it is my knees and calfs are tight today.

the run in the rain with the perfect music was enough to wash away the shit from last week. and the speed worked off alot of the aggrevation i have been feeling. so a week of feeling sad is kind of like a week of rain.. it sucks when it's happening but damn does the sun feel that much brighter when it comes out.

miles run: 3
soung of the day: "let go" by frou frou

No comments: