Friday, January 11, 2008

watch out obama, beck is running!

i was waiting to make my announcement until i had a better idea of how strong i was this time around. but after completing a very strong 8 mile run last weekend I feel it's safe to say I'm training for a marathon again!

after my last bout of tendonitis, and my second drop out of the marathon, i wasn't sure i'd give it another shot. and i might not have had it not been for the promise of wine and cheese at the finishline. this time i am training for the PARIS marathon. yes, you read that right.. P. A. R. I. S. in april no less! since i've already raised over 6,000 dollars for the leukemia society i have met my minimum donation requirement and now just have to concentrate on the running.

this does not let you great friends of mine off the hook.. it's still a good cause.. and it still helps thousands of people battle a difficult disease.. and i still need you to donate if you haven't already.. and if you have donated, it's a new year and a new tax deduction so lets get that check book out again! your accountant will thank you!

so as usual I will update you on my progress here each week (sometimes more often) and you can cheer me on when the mood strikes.

tomorrow i run my first race of the new season.. the fred labow 5 mile race in central park. i'm not gonna try to win, i just want to finish strong and treat myself to a waffle!

marathons trained for: 2.3
marathons completed: 0
longest run this season: 8 miles

No comments: