Monday, December 15, 2008

race day

saturday was my first race of the training season. a nice little 4 miler. it was sunny and cold, and reeeaalllly hard to get out of bed at 7am on a saturday knowing i was gonna freeze my butt off. but, i dragged myself out to central park and had a great race.

i wasn't paying too much attention to the time clocks, i just tried to pace myself and follow ramon's race strategy. ramon's strategy was to take the first mile easy, let people pass you and just keep a steady pace. mile two is alot of downhill, so it would be a fast mile. mile 3 would suck because it involves cat hill.. a slow long incline. then mile 4 is pretty flat so i will be fast also. i pretty much followed this exactly, but i think mile 3 was faster than i expected because i ended up running one of my fastest races yet.

No comments: