Tuesday, November 11, 2008

CIAO!!

Well, it's been a loooong summer. and spring and fall for that matter.

When I last left you, i had just completed my first marathon (yup, all 26.2 miles) in Paris. I was nursing some sore muscles, but now after a bit of rest (8 months to be exact) i'm ready to train for marathon number 2 (yup, another 26.2)!

This time my training and your gracious donations will take me to Rome.. that's Rome ITALY, not Rome, New York! I will once again be training with Team In Training and fundraising for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, and the Marathon is March 22 so it will be a long hard winter.

For all my new readers, Team In Training is a program provided by the Leukemia Lymphoma Society which, in exchange for fundraising, trains people for endurance events like marathons or triathalons. It's a great program, and last year with the help of many friends and family members I managed to raise over 6,000 dollars. The Leukemia Lymphoma Society uses the money raised to further research as well as help improve the quality of life for those battling blood cancers.

Last year I ran in memory of my grandfather, and this year I will also be running in memory of Kim Patterson who passed away in 2000 of Leukemia. I will also be keeping a couple people in my thoughts who are currently fighting the good fight against blood cancer as well. If they can find the strength to keep fighting, i can surly find the strength to get up at 8am to run!

So, stay tuned.. the training stories (both good and bad) will be posted.

And if you want to donate and post some words of encouragement you can do so here:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/rome09/bhickey

miles run: 0
miles to go: 26.2

No comments: