Friday, August 24, 2007

eeek!

I just looked at the training calendar and this marathon is creeping up fast! I have taken the last 2 weeks off because my right leg is suffering from a touch of hamstring tendonitis I am told. My last long run was a strong 10 miles, so i am trying to get myself a gameplan that will get me to SF!

Talked it over with coach mike (also my PT) and he's assured me that I don't need to run a 20 mile training run, that if i am up to 16-18 with 3 weeks of rest I will be fine for the marathon. This made me feel much better.. I can add a mile a week for the next 7 weeks and be more than ok. Mentally I'm not worried, i can push myself to endure just about anything. Cardio wise it's not a problem. So, if i can get these damn legs to cooperate I should be all set!! GRRRRRRRRRR!

I am headed to Vegas for a 4 day tradeshow, so running will be limited there.. i tell myself that i could run at like 6am, but the reality of the heat there (even at 6am) might ruin that plan. so tonight I am going to get a nice long run in before I go, then I can do shorter treadmill runs while in vegas.

I still have to fill out my playlist, been slacking on that front as well.. if anyone has any suggestions please send them along!! I have a fan who requested my current playlist (i had posted this before) so here it is:

1. icky thump - the whitestripes
2. invincible - ok go
3. baby fratelli - the fratellis
4. hang me up to dry - cold war kids
5. postal blowfish - albert hammond jr
6. keep the car running - the arcade fire
7. think i'm in love - beck (not me, the singer)
8. sitting in the park - quixotic
9. hard to live in the city - albert hammond jr
10 you know i'm no good - amy winehouse
11. baby blue sedan - modest mouse
12. tango - lady sovereign
13. level - the raconteurs
14. get over it - ok go
15. what ever happened - the strokes
16. the truth - la rocca
17. gone - pearl jam

everyone keep your fingers crossed that i finish this run tonight, and that my lucky #12 is good to me in vegas!!

No comments: