Monday, July 23, 2007

river run

saturday to change it up a bit we ran on the west side of manhattan along the river. We gathered in Riverside Park at 72nd street, and then depending on how long we were scheduled to run they gave us our turn around point. I was set to run 8 miles. So, they said to run down to Houston Street and back. 4 miles each way.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day. not too hot, very sunny with a little breeze. I set out with a 10 minute pace group which turned out to be a bit too slow and after a mile i broke out on my own. The run was great, i got back to 72nd street feeling strong and that it actually went by a bit too quick.. made me wonder...

there were a few mentors at the meeting spot so i asked, 'is houston street at 4 miles?' they informed me that it was more like 3.5 and then told me excitedly 'you ran 7!' I was sooo disappointed because i felt great thinking i had run 8. 7 is still respectible. another girl turned up a minute later and asked the same thing. upon hearing that she had only run 7 she had the same reaction i did 'damn! i was supposed to run 8!'

i've since checked it on google maps and it is infact 7.85 miles from 72nd street to houston st and back again. YIPPEE. 7.85 definitely rounds up to 8!

my other good news is that this past week i got a new puppy. he's completely amazing. a french bulldog, 8 weeks, named Cash. I've attached a picture so you can all be jealous.

miles run: 7.85
times i heard my entire playlist: 2
new songs i must add to playlist before next weeks run: 10

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: