Tuesday, April 8, 2008

M is for MRI

so i'm back from France now, but i am going to catch you up a bit since i last posted...

after a few trips to the PT i decided to take a complete break and just rest my leg and see what happened.. after some rest it was slowly getting better, but i figured i'd be the responsible girl my parents always hoped i'd be, and have dr. metzl check it out before i ran on it. he examined me, and said that considering my history of bone injury i should have an MRI to rule out another stress fracture.

after a few nerve wracking days, i went back to the good doctor and we checked out the MRI. (which is very cool by the way) it turns out i had some swelling in my left fibia (the fracture was in the same leg, but in the tibia last time) but no cracks. this was a very good sign. dr. metzl said that considering everything i went through in the past, and how hard i've worked to get here.. that if he were me he would just rest until the race and then go for it! which is exactly what i wanted to hear!!

so april 2 i'm off to paris!!! vive la france!

No comments: